Dementia is a chronic cognitive disorder that is characterized by impaired mental functions. Its most common form is Alzheimer’s. These two terms may sound complicated, but there is a lot more to this disease.
For patients who suffer from dementia, their struggle does not just end with the decline of their cognitive functions. As their mental abilities slowly decline, so does their physical functions. This is why taking care of dementia patients can be quite challenging. However, we at Barbara Care, Inc. have patience and understanding caregivers who can skillfully deliver Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care.
Our Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with self-administered medication, including:
- reminding clients to take medication
- providing water for oral medication
- placing medication within reach of the client
- Assisting with hair care, including:
- shampooing and styling
- Assisting in basic skin care, including:
- washing and drying
- observing skin changes, and applying non-prescription body lotion or creams.
Call us at 859-251-5494 for more information.